Okay I was seriously so excited to be recognized and equally excited to recognize other amazing bloggers!
First of all, big thanks to Lydia from empressing.com.ng for nominating me for the BLOGGER RECOGNITION AWARD. She writes a great blog about love, quotes and superheroes and is an awesome one to check out.
Although the Blogger Recognition Award is not a physical award, it is an awesome way to be recognized and a great way to connect with the blogging community and our readers.
So here’s the rules:
And here’s how This Wife & Mommy Life started:
This was actually my second blog, the one I had the guts to publish and put out there for the entire world to see. When I created my first blog, I didn’t feel confident enough to share it with people. It just wasn’t what I wanted it to be but I’m still not sure why. Maybe it wasn’t the right time, the right content, the right anything.
But once I changed routes and started this blog, I knew it was the right time, content, everything. I knew the direction I wanted to go and I had gained more confidence to go for it. And I’m so glad I did!
My advice to new bloggers:
BLOG FOR YOURSELF. Don’t blog for anyone or anything else because it won’t come easy and it won’t be as enjoyable as it could be. I blog for me and I love it. I love the impact I have on people without forcing anything. I want to inspire people, help people through parenthood and post-partum depression, and provide some comedic relief along the way.
JUMP INTO THE BLOGGING COMMUNITY. There is seriously so much support out there for bloggers from bloggers. At first I thought of it as competition and didn’t want to enter into that because I wanted this for me, not to compete with others. But I decided to reach out and was pleasantly surprised by the supportive community, amount of resources and kind words I found. Don’t hesitate to reach out, ask for help and support your fellow bloggers!
- Krysia from Be Kind 2 Each Other. Your blog is something I think everyone could benefit from and I love your list of random acts of kindness. Thanks for inspiring!
- Nina & Oliver from Travel Map. I am amazed by your pictures and the list of all the places you have visited. You make me want to see all these beautiful treasures!
- Sonal from Sachisha. Your ability to be open and uplifting about your chronic medical condition is so moving. I am familiar with MG from working in a hospital but I’m sure many people aren’t. Wonderful view and perspective!
- Cee Dee from Forum for Failure. You have a refreshing blog about recognizing failures and moving forward. I think it’s awesome that you are also open to others submitting their “failure” stories to be featured.
- Bre from The Eco Edition. Your photos of your travels are beautiful and you make me want to learn more about living a sustainable, minimalist life. Very inspiring!
- Lauren Pittman from Mothering Honestly. I have enjoyed getting to know you and collaborating on some pretty awesome blog posts. I love your view on motherhood 🙂
- Tom from Football Outcasts. Although I don’t follow sports, I was impressed by the amount of content you have on your blog and immediate access to live scores from all over the world. Wow, great job!
- Emma from Merrymaid. Being a former science teacher I am always impressed by others who want to make the world a better place and your blog is so unbelievably inspiring! Great job 🙂
- Radhika from Expressing Life. You have such an amazing perspective on life and I love that you inspire people to find small changes to improve their lifestyle.
- Elizabeth from Sunburnt Aloe. I love your alternative health and beauty product recommendations. And obviously you have a unique sense of humor that fosters connection with your readers. Great job!
- Laura from Up In The Loft. I admire your bravery of travelling the world with a toddler and tackling the minimalism game. Definitely makes me want to live your life! Your blog and pictures are beautiful by the way.
- Akshay from elink. You have tons of awesome content, tips and tutorials on growing your website, marketing and social media. Thank you for providing all of this awesomeness 🙂
- Nina from Chaos in Mommyhood. I seriously have to invest in some of the hilarious books you recommended for kids. I love the honesty in your blog and your kiddos are adorable (fellow Ohioan here also!).
- Mabel from The Mabel Chronicles. Your travel blog is inspirational and would be perfect for any traveler! Hopefully one day it will come in handy for my own travels 🙂
- Shanti & Kranthi from Aim for Glam. Your blog about style, beauty and DIY is really fun and uplifting. Definitely an awesome blog for many different types of people to follow 🙂
Congrats to all of the nominees! I look forward to reading your posts about receipt of the Blogger Recognition Award (drop the link below so I can check it out). Keep up the amazing job 🙂
And thanks once again to Lydia for nominating me!